Friday, July 1, 2011

Tollhouse Pie

Despite the fact that I love to cook, I am seriously picky when it comes to dessert. I like plain things, like uniced cake and fruit salad. My favorites are apple pie and chocolate chip cookies (and german chocolate cake, but that doesn't go well with the next sentence I intend to write). So, thus, what could possibly be better than combining the two and subtracting the conflicting ingredients? Conflicting ingredients in this case would be the apple pie filling, which leaves us with just a chocolate chip cookie and pie crust. Voila, Tollhouse Pie:

And yes, it was magical. The recipe I used is here and it's very straight forward. My only issues were my own fault. We used a frozen pillsbury crust and I just didn't like it as much as the non-frozen ones (which I love). It had a weird taste and texture comparitively.

We also did not use the deep dish that the recipe suggested, which we thought tasted delicious, but you should know that if you don't use a deep dish, you WILL have filling leftover. I poured it into mini muffin tins and it wasn't as good without the crust. We also omitted the nuts because none of us really like nuts in our cookies. Or pies that aren't pecan.

This recipe is definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment